Pages

Sunday 3 June 2018

Gel plate sketch



I'm a little late posting my card for Andreja's first challenge as host of 52CCT this month.

As usual, we kick off with a sketch.



I had such a fun session last Monday, making backgrounds with my gel plates, acrylic paints and some stencils. 



But I couldn't think how to use these for the sketch immediately, so made some more in more uniform colours.



And then I ran out of time, and was away for a few days, so have only just got around to finishing the cards!

In the meantime, I've had an idea of how to use the multicoloured backgrounds without it all being too much - use black!

I cut strips of black card to make the vertical and horizontal banners, then used dies to cut the circle (I didn't have concentrical oval dies!) and sentiment (an old favourite from Tattered Lace - I must get the Happy Birthday equivalent).


I then cut the sentiment again from gold and layered as a drop shadow (or highlight) to help the sentiment stand out.

I layered onto black to frame, then onto a 6x6 card base.

I like the drama the black creates.

Not wanting to waste the other backgrounds, I did make up the card with the green and purple backgrounds (the other multicoloured ones are in the stash).

I cut the green for the base layer and oval, then the purple for the banners and sentiment.

I edged the banners in purple stazon ink,and the base with a purple sharpie.

I cut the sentiment from black to give a drop shadow again.

I also cut another oval from black card to frame the green oval - I drew round the die and cut by hand.

This one went onto a 5x7 card base.


I'm not so sure about this one!

To join in with our sketch challenge, head to the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. You have until Friday 8th June to share your card with us.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Lucinda, elle est trop belle ta carte, si moderne et originale! Biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola, vous savez bien que j'aime mes fonds, et c'est un bon moyen de les utiliser.

      Delete
  2. I must have missed visiting last week but I love these. The colours and patterns are like fabric and look beautiful all together. Every time I see your gel plate results it makes me want them but it will have to wait for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gel prints are like patchwork, aren't they? They're such fun to make too, so unpredictable. I highly recommend getting some - but know there is always more crafty stash to get than is practical!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda