Pages

Saturday 26 January 2019

Splashes of colour




Our final January challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is a technique - heat embossing.



I went for a simple design, using lovely stamps and resist embossing with distress oxides.

To start I stamped the designs and embossed with white powder.

This frame is Clarity, teamed with a wooden block tree stamp I've had for ages.



This script tree is also Clarity. (I realise these aren't the most exciting photos!!!)



Not sure who made this tree stamp, but I really like it!



For each I used a different combination of distress oxide colours. I added them to my craft mat, spritzed with water and dipped the card in.

The tree was a combination I've used before, wilted violet, picked raspberry and twisted citron, which give a gorgeous orange where they mix. This was one layer only, as I liked the result so much.



The script tree was bundled sage, aged mahogany and I think wild honey. I added second and third layers of the green and red to build up the interest and colour.

The frame one had faded jeans, peacock feathers and I think broken china. I added a little of the faded jeans over the first layer to add more interest.

On the script tree, I added a drop shadow with a very fine black pen, to define the words - it doesn't necessarily show but does make a difference!

To finish I cut to size, edged with one of the inks and a sponge, and added to a card blank.




This is my favourite I think, as I love the bright colours, and the areas of white and speckles at the top and bottom.










The blues have a lovely frosty feel, and I think both these stamps are so delicately beautiful.









To join in with the challenge, go to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 1st February to join in - have fun!


5 comments:

  1. wow Lucinda, comme toujours ta créativité me fascine, quel magnifique fond et quel magnifique résultat, biz

    ReplyDelete
  2. These inks do make the most intriguing backgrounds. Late to the party, I have only just got some but I am having fun. I like this simple emboss resist. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alison, you have succumbed - they are a bit addictive! But I do think they are genuinely something different and worth it!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda