Pages

Saturday 13 April 2019

Oh Christmas Tree, Shiny Christmas Tree


EK has chosen a colour combinaton for us this week at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown - metallic with one colour.


I have a confession to make - I read this as metallics plus one colour so have used multiple metal colours - I hope I won't get my wrist slapped!!

I chose a dusky pink for my colour - eventually. It's easier sometimes when you don't get a choice!!!

I started by painting a sheet of card with acrylic paint, mixing a colour I liked. I then stencilled through with a swirly stencil and the same paint, for a bit of texture - not sure it really shows but I know it's there.


I stamped across the base with versamark, and added mica powder in silver and pale gold. Mica is one of those old staples that I often forget about then when I use it remember how much I like it!


I cut this down to fit a 6x6 card blank.

To go on this, I die cut a Christmas tree in black. I placed it over a piece of card and pressed versamark all over, so it covered the die cut and the card around it.


To the die cut I added different metallic embossing powders, being cautious to get them in different areas, and heated.


I really like this mixed metallic look!

The waste powder, which is a mix, I added to the background card. This basically looks gold.


Not sure what I'll do with this but sure it'll come in useful at some point. Maybe ink it around the outside, I quite like the white tree.

For the current card, I scribbled round the outside of the background with an embossing pen, added silver and copper embossing powder, and heated.

I adhered the tree to the background with wet glue, then the background to the card blank with tape pen and a bit of super sticky tape. I cut off the corner of the tree that protruded.

As always, the problem with shiny cards is getting a photo that works! You can't see the depth of the pink, or how the tree sits into the background, with the black of the card giving a bit of an "edge". You'll have to trust me!


To join in with the challenge, go to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 19th April to enter. Have fun!!

2 comments:

  1. quelle superbe couleur lucinda! ta création et élégante est vibrante, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola. Je souhaite que la photo a montré la vraie couleur et brille.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda