Pages

Saturday 18 May 2019

Time for a Christmas sing song





Rosi's choice for her theme challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is "Choral".


Anyone who knows my cards will know I love using musical notation, so this was a gift, but I had to give them the choral angle!

I started with some more of my shaving foam sheets from last week. These have a pale green which is actually a mix of the previous colours I used, but is similar to bundled sage, then I added lucky clover and seedless preserve. I love this combination!!!


I tried to choose three sheets with maximum contrast, so the next step worked.

I die cut squares from the sheets, one inside the other.


I then swapped the squares around to have a contrast. I was hoping the three sheets were sufficiently different to be able to mix and match, but the two darker ones looked very similar, so I ended up with this:


For the bottom set, I upped the contrast by over stamping the middle square. I used seedless preserve and a musical notation stamp.

As these colours are quite full on and rich, I just used black for the focal points.

The first is a Clarity stamp, perfect for this theme, with the music and words for "Deck the Halls". I stamped with versamark then heat embossed with black powder.

Unfortunately stamping across the joins in the layers made it a little uneven, I had to fill in with a black pen on the seams. But it is legible in real life, the contrast in texture with the background is more apparent than the photo shows.


For the other two cards, I used die cuts. I have two music dies, so out they came, then I went through my sentiment dies for ones that were Christmas lyrics. I'm not religious so didn't want the carols, but found two that fitted perfectly.


I bought this sentiment ages ago, I knew it would come in handy!

You can see the stamped music on this card. I know I say it a lot, but it shows better in real life!






No snowflakes this week for once, but I still got some snow in.








To share your 'Choral' themed cards with us, head over to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 24th May 2019 to join in. Have fun, I think we're going to get some great cards this week.


1 comment:

  1. Quel magnifique fond Lucinda, il donne une jolie ambiance à cette portée musicale, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda