Pages

Saturday 7 September 2019

Finally getting Groovi


As we get to the end of summer and get back into a routine, I've managed another Christmas card! I hope to get more regular with my crafting again soon, I do miss it!

Myrna is hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month. She starts us off with a sketch.


I've been wanting to do a Groovi card since Easter, so here it is!


For the parchment, I used several of my Groovi plates, to create the border, the circle then the dangles from a frame plate. The sentiment is from a border plate, and the poinsettia one of Jayne Nestorenko's designs. I used a piercing grid for the little snowflakes around the flower. The colour is from distress markers - I remembered too late that they're not my favourite to use on parchment! Although for the border I swapped to a copper sharpie.

I cut out with pinking shears to give a decorative edge.

I left a lot of the background plain, then made a background to attach the patchment to, to show through.


I used distress oxides in creams and browns, with some aged mahogany to warm it up. I stamped with two IndigoBlu stamps, script and dotty swirl. I added darker colour at the bottom behind the sentiment, to help highlight it.

Then I attached the parchment, using fine super sticky tape behind the coloured areas, and then attached the two onto a card blank with a tape pen.



I'm not completely sure about the warm vintage colours on parchment, I think brights or blues work better. But I like the combination of Groovi and stamping, the parchment immediately makes the stamping fade into the background.



To take part in this challenge, head to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 13th September to join in. Enjoy playing!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card you made and background you create :-)) I like how you take the sketch!
    HUgs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. elle est superbe Lucinda, ce coté vintage et les couleurs classique lui donne de la classe, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda