Pages

Saturday 2 November 2019

Plan B





As we come into November, we have a sketch challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown.

 
I had this card planned out, as I've been away this week so had to plan what to take with me. But when I came to make it, I didn't like it at all! So I started again and made a quite simple card with what I had with me.

I made a background with distress oxides - I applied from the pad onto an acrylic block, spritzed, then stamped onto my card. I dried each layer (with my hairdryer as no heat gun with me!) before adding the next. The colours I used were faded jeans, wilted violet and peacock feathers.


I cut down to size (with a craft knife - I'm missing my guillotine too!) and sponged faded jeans around the edge.

I had precut a load of diecuts from black and white to use on the card, and fortunately had a lot left over from the aborted card.


I pulled out the twirly trees, black sentiment and black and white open stars, along with a white strip.

And put it all together. Easy! Although I did try a few combinations, with black strips, or a blue one, or the white sentiment... 


So I have ended up making another smooshing card, combining last week's challenge with this one. I still think it makes very pretty backgrounds.




If I'd been at home I'd have made the strip across more delicate I think - I maybe could have used several very narrow strips instead of one wide one, but didn't think of it until too late!



To play along with our sketch challenge, click through to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 8th November to enter. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. elle a un design très moderne et de jolies couleurs cette carte Lucinda, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda