Pages

Sunday 23 February 2020

Gel plate and foil



Netta's last challenge as host of the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month is a technique - she's chosen foiling.


This is another Plan B card!

I don't usually do foiling, but my daughter got a foiling craft kit for her 5th birthday, so we had a joint crafting session.

For the first attempt I die cut a Christmas Tree from black card, and kept the waste outline. I put a double sided adhesive sheet behind it and foiled through the aperture.


Unfortunately, the card was quite thick so the foil didn't take too well. And there was a bit of glue from the tape that attached the die to the card, that also picked up some foil.

So it's a bit of a mess! Maybe I'll find a way to use it one day!

Instead, I pulled out a background I made ages ago with the gel plate and acrylic paints.

I stamped with versamark and added micaboss, which picked up the foil. I also used an embossing pen on the "Joy" stencilling in the centre of the background, and around the edge, then micaboss and foil.

I edged with a black ink pad and used a black pen around the "Joy" to highlight it.





I'm not sure I'll be getting into foiling now, but I do like the richness of this.







To share your foiled card, visit the 52CCT blog - there's more inspiration from my design team colleagues as well. This challenge is open for 2 weeks, you have until Friday 6th March.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda