Pages

Saturday 18 April 2020

Favourites



The Berkhamsted Creative Challenge theme this month is "Favourites". These cards, made for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, definitely count - as well as using brushos, a favourite product, they are some of my favourite Christmas cards I've ever made!

Branka's theme for the week is "Forest and Deer".



I wanted to use this deer stamp from Clarity that I got last month.

I started by stamping and embossing. I used stazon for the colours, but as this doesn't stay wet long, I used the stamp platform and overstamped in versamark. This allowed me to emboss in clear.

Next I spritzed with water and added brushos for my forest. The square one uses leaf green, orange and olive green. The other uses dark brown and emerald green. The embossed deer resist the water and brushos, and create lovely swirls where the colour moves around them.

This was meant to be the first step, and I'd work over the top, but I loved them so much I left them pretty much as they were.

I cut them down, edged with a sharpie, and used a grey inktense pencil and water pen to ground the deer. On the portrait one I used a yellow pencil to bring out the antlers where the brusho was very dark. I stamped the sentiment on offcuts using the same stazon colours as the deer, and edged.





I love the drama and movement in this one. The sentiment would probably have looked better much lower, but I didn't want to cover the speckled brusho pattern.









This one looks a bit more forest- or foliage-like. The flashes of light I think look quite ethereal and gorgeous.





To join in with this challenge, head over to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 24th April to play along.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, teamie!!! I personally love this! I feel there should be some artistic broadness in the theme and you've certainly given the deer the impression of foliage backgrounds. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca. The brushos do all the work, and it's hit and miss. I was lucky these came out as fabulously as they did!

      Delete
  2. magnifique Lucinda, un design moderne et nature, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola, j'adore l'effet des brushos quand ça va bien!

      Delete
  3. I really love your take on the forest & deer theme, Lucinda - I can imagine the forest behind this majestic stag! The foggy impression adds a certain drama to these wonderful images! Two fantastic cards!! Hugs, Rosi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosi. Drama there certainly is! Not something I could ever recreate the same - but that's the joy of them.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda