Pages

Saturday 5 September 2020

I've missed my gel plate!


Rosi is our host at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for September. As always, we kick off with a sketch. This is what Rosi has chosen:


I resisted the temptation to take the snowflakes at face value!

I saw a video using card embossed with folders as a texture sheet for the gel plate, and had to try it. I have tried to find the video again but haven't saved the link unfortunately. It feels like ages since I've used my gel plate, and I do so love having a play with it.

I made a whole load of prints, but this is the one I wanted to use here.


I die cut the hexagons from masking sheet and added to the card before pulling the print.

The pattern is not super clear in this one, as the emboss wasn't that deep. Some of the others were much more distinct. There is a bit of a deer pattern in the background.


I love the grungy texture nonetheless, and the Christmas colours and shimmer (which doesn't really show in the photo).

(At this point I forgot to take photos for quite a while!)

I cut the card down to size for a 5x7 card.

I masked outside each hexagon, and stamped a light grey background with a fir branch stamp. The words "Merry Christmas" went in the smaller ones. For the larger I used a stamp that comes in the same set as the bauble I used last time.



I went round the hexagons with a gold pen, and added some swirls. I sponged gold paint around the edge.


To create the vertical element of the sketch ( which I've rotated), I used the embossed card that I'd used to pick the paint off the gel plate.


You could keep and reuse these, but as the emboss was shallow, I'd want to re-emboss it anyway. And the colours on these are rather lovely. This gel plate technique gives three for one - the embossed card, the print from the card with paint that's picked up, then the print pulled from what's left on the gel plate (used for the main piece).

I die cut chains from the embossed card.


I attched these along the left. I sponged black ink around the edge, and mounted on a card blank.




I really love the grungy look of this - the texture and detail doesn't come through in the photo. The gel plate never disappoints!






To join in with this challenge, visit the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 11th September to play along.

Happy crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Comme toujours original et différent, c'est une très jolie creation Lucinda, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda