Pages

Saturday 23 January 2021

Metallic with brushos


Andreja's stash challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week is to use metallic papers on our cards.

 

I scratched my head over this one as I don't really use these or have any. But a little rummage unearthed some very pretty copper paper, with an embossed heart pattern. And that is what I have used.

I die cut a large Merry Christmas design with a new die set. I had it on the table when I was making my sketch card earlier in the month, and it ended up on the aperture where I'd cut my frame out. I really liked them together, but didn't want the crispness of an aperture card.

Instead, I laid the aperture over my card and spritzed water through it. I removed the aperture and sprinkled brusho into the water. I think this was emerald green.

I did need to replace the aperture and add more water - which was a nervous moment, but it worked fine.



Once dry, I flicked off the loose powder to reveal the design.

I'm quite amazed by the detail that has been retained, not perfect of course, but a lovely effect. Hubby thinks it looks like lips though.

I cut it to size and adhered the die cut over it.

I edged with a copper (maybe bronze?) sharpie, and mounted on a 5x7 card blank.

 

Simple, but a bit diffferent. I haven't done brushos through a stencil for a while, I might have to revisit that technique!

I love this die cut, it comes with a scene, but when I saw this sentiment I had to have it!

 

Now it's your turn - dig out your metallic papers and see what amazing Christmas cards you can create. The challenge is open until Friday 5th February - 2 weeks as there are 5 Saturdays in January. Share your card at 52CCT.

Enjoy your crafty play x

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card :-)) Beautifully designed and I like how you use mettalic paper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda