Pages

Friday 2 April 2021

A fun wood technique


Goga's stash challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is to use a Wood Background.



I'm posting really late as it's been a tough week. But this was an opportunity to use a technique I've had my eye on for ages. I had a session making loads of backgrounds, and I really wanted to use at least one of them! The link to the video of this gel plate and paint technique is here.

Here are a couple of the backgrounds, in natural colours for this challenge. I also made some in brighter colours.



After cutting to size, I stamped snowflakes around the edge and in a band across the middle, and heat embossed in white. I die cut a bauble from one of the other backgrounds and backed with centura pearl. I also stamped the sentiment onto a piece of the centura pearl. Once put together, I went around the bauble and sentiment with a white stabilo all pencil to help them stand out.



 

I love the rustic feel of this card! And the snowflakes are very pretty.



 

 

 

You can see more on the 52CCT blog. The challenge closes in a few hours so this isn't a great way of inspiring you to join in! But I really wanted to use these gorgeous backgrounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda