Pages

Sunday 20 June 2021

Gnome!!


I'm a bit late joining in with Tracy's challenge at the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week. She's chosen "Gnomes" as our theme for June.



I looked through my papers and stamps to see if any had crept in, but I didn't have any. So I improvised!

I downloaded a free colouring image, and watched some of the Clarity video where they started to draw gnomes, and with a sheet of tracing paper combined the two to come up with my own version.

I traced this down onto card, went over with a black permanent pen, then coloured with inktense and polychromo pencils. I fussy cut him out, and added to die cut papers, the top one distressed with distress ink and inktense pencils.

The background is made from strips of designer paper, torn and adhered together. I distressed with vintage photo distress ink, and knocked back around the toppers with cream paint. It is edged with dark brown stazon ink.

The sentiment was stamped onto another paper, die cut and edged.

The final touch was the lattice die cut, which I painted in cream then brushed with vintage photo ink.

It went onto a 5x7 card blank.



 

I'm quite pleased with how this little chap has come out! Drawing is not my comfort zone.

Also nice to get out the designer papers, I don't often use them.





Have a look on the 52CCT blog for the inspiration from the rest of the design team, and to share your own Gnome characters. The challenge is open until Friday 25th. Enjoy your making.

1 comment:

  1. oh Lucinda c'est très chou, je suis heureuse que tu ais finalement pu te joindre a nous cette semaine, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda