Pages

Sunday 28 November 2021

Christmas kisses


I missed a week on 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, my daughter's birthday and party took priority! But I have a plan for that challenge.....

This week, Gill has asked us to use the stamp kissing technique.



I used a background stamp that I think of as damask/wallpaper - I've no idea what it's actually called. I started with a holly stamp kissed against it, but that didn't work well. So I swapped to this texture stamp. I used distress oxides, with a mixture of antique linen and pumice stone sponged on first, then peeled paint added with the second stamp.

Once I had my panel, it was a case of making a card around it!

The base is brushos, with a large script stamp used to lift and then restamp. I also stamped in forest moss and vintage photo ink, into the wet brushos.

The holly squares and sentiment are watercoloured with oxides.

I also used oxides and a waterbrush to add drop shadow and an edging.


 

It hasn't all come together quite right. This is one of those cards that could have done with walking away for a day and revisiting with fresh eyes. But I was on a deadline!




To join in, and get some guidance and inspiration, visit the 52CCT blog. This challenge is open until Friday 3rd December. Almost Christmas!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda