Pages

Saturday 7 May 2022

Faux Printed Christmas Tree


It feels like a long time since our last 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge - only two weeks really.

Tracy is with us as host this month, and she kicks off, as always, with a sketch.



I've added some wobble to Tracy's layout. All the pieces are torn with the deckle edge on my blending mat.

The base has been inked and splattered with antique linen and pumice stone oxides.

The music pieces were printed then grunged with inks.

The design papers are from my stash.

I love this topper, if I do say so myself! I put the stamp in my stamping platform, then used distress markers to selectively ink up and restamp, to get the different colours where I wanted them. It's come out better than I hoped, doesn't really looked stamped, more like a print. Now I need to go through my other stamps to see which ones this technique will work for!

I printed the sentiment using a downloaded font.

Once put together, I went round each piece with a dark grey inktense pencil and a water pen, to give depth.




I really like these warm, grungy colours, with the pop from the central tree, and the old, well worn and well loved feel.

 

 

 

 

 

To play along, visit us at the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 13th May to enter your card.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! You used the sketch very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh c'est très original Lucinda, j'aime ces couleurs neutres et paisibles, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful designer papers. I loved how you combined the pieces together and put a little wobble into my sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda