Pages

Friday 1 July 2016

Triple Stamped Christmas Jumper


Red and white triple stamped Christmas Card with knitted jumper design

The final 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge for June is triple stamping, with brads.


52 CCT Stash/Technique challenge - triple time stamping and add a brad or two

I haven't tried triple stamping before, so good to do something new.

The obvious stamps to use were snowflakes or holly - but neither helped my personal stash challenge - to use something I've had for ages but not used.

Then I realised I could use my Christmas jumper stamp set, from Clarity. This is one I coveted for ages, as a stamper and a knitter it was a must have. I finally bought it, but still hadn't used it.

After measuring up the stamps and working out what size card to use, I cut my three layers from stencil card, and attached them using repositionable tape.

I put a strip of masking tape across, as a guide for the stamping.


Red and white stamped knitting design - first row

The first row of stamping is this star pattern. I used fired brick distress ink.


Red and white triple stamped knitting design

I then added rows, building up a wide stripe across the card.

Next I made the topper. I used the jumper stamp for this, with its mask.


Red and white stamped knitted jumper outline

First I decorated the main body section, using this for the sentiment.


Red and white partially stamped knitted jumper with Cool Yule sentiment

I then swapped the masks around and patterned the sleeves.


Red and white stamped knitted jumper with Cool Yule sentiment

Finally, I used a matching distress marker to add the ribbing to the cuffs, next and waist.


Red and white stamped knitted jumper with Cool Yule sentiment

I trimmed this back, then cut the matts for each of the layers. I used my perfect layers rulers, using the 1/8 inch side.


Red and white triple stamped knitting design - under construction

I started to layer it all together onto an A5 card base, then realised I still had to add the brads, so had to take it off the card.


Red and white triple stamped knitting design


There was a little red smudge above the jumper, so guess where I put my first brad!

Once it was all together, it felt like something was missing, so I got out my bakers twine, in red, white and green. I tied a double bow, and fastened it across the bottom of the card, using super sticky tape to hold it.


Red and white triple stamped Christmas Card with knitted jumper design

I think if I was doing it again, I'd angle the patterned stripe the other way, and might use more colours - green as well maybe. But I definitely like my jumper stamp, and it was easier to use than it looked.

2 comments:

  1. Elle est superbe et vraiment super originale Lucinda, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola. Ce pull est super, les dessins de style tricot sont un peu différentes mais toujours Noël.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda