Pages

Saturday 27 May 2017

Noel, Noel....


Our May colour challenge is still ongoing at the Christmas Card Throwdown - yellow, kraft and gold.


I have some stamps that I really wanted to have a play with for this challenge, they're a Clarity Noel set.

Here they are stamped in black archival ink on kraft card.


I cut them out with a die from a nested set from The Works.

I tried gold embossing them on kraft initially, which looked great, but the detail was lost.

I also tried stamping these on yellow card, both a darker colour and a really zesty yellow.

 

I cut the gold lattice above with another die (not sure of the make) to layer onto kraft to make a background, but it wasn't working. Now I have the background, which I think will need more layers over it, maybe foliage built up, and the yellow letters, in my stash to play with.

So I took a different tack to make a yellow and gold background for the kraft letters. I used the darker yellow card, and stamped around it in versamark with the larger holly and ivy stamp from Clarity. I heat embossed in gold.


Not great to photograph, but I like the pattern. I mounted the letters in the middle, on foam tape, and created a kraft matt for behind. The whole thing went onto a 6x6 card base.



I had another go as well, making a very simple background. This was inspired by Deborah Frings DT card with yellow and gold snowflakes in the background. I used my favourite old holly stamp, with mustard seed distress ink and a gold pigment ink.


If you'd like to join in our colour challenge, pop over to the Christmas Card Throwdown. You have until midnight BST on Friday 2nd June to play. 

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty card. I love how you played with the challenge colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are so smart and elegant. The stamps are gorgeous and deserve to be shown off like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison. I coveted these stamps for ages, then hadn't used them, so good to get them out finally.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda