Pages

Sunday 15 March 2020

Lots of layers


Hello again. I'm back with a colour challenge for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this week. Goga has chosen green, kraft and white for us to play with.


Now, kraft is a bit of a challenge for me, I'm not great at using colour on it. So as usual, I have die cut it, which I really like. This card uses a style I've been experimenting with a bit - layering different die cut patterns and shapes. This is the first Christmas card I've tried, with snowflakes, holly and ivy to give a festive feel.

I started by colouring a piece of kraft and a piece of Sheena stamping card with green shades of distress ink. I spritzed the ink on my blending mat and swooshed the card into it. I built up several layers to get a good colour.

To prepare my base, I stamped around one corner with a little diamond stamp from Clarity I saw when going through my folder the other day. I used my stamping platform and layered different shades of green distress oxide. I then splatterd on the same shades, from the same corner.


I die cut from the green coloured card, as well as plain white and kraft, using a range of background and shape dies.

I also stamped my sentiment in green (fern green archival ink) onto a scrap of card, and edged in the same ink.

Then it was a case of playing with the pieces to find an arrangement that pleased me. Once I was happy, I took a photo on my phone before taken them off and glueing - otherwise I'd never have remembered where I wanted everything!

I edged the background with the fern green, then sponged bundled sage distress oxide as well to give a stronger frame.

The background went onto a 5x7 card blank.



I'm really happy with how this turned out. I love the layers and contrasts in texture.

I also have leftovers in a growing box of die cut pieces, so I'm ready to for next time I want to do a card with this technique.




To join in with this colour challenge pop over to 52CCT.

You have until Friday 20th March to enter your card. 

Happy crafting!!

1 comment:

  1. très original et moderne cette carte Lucinda, un challenge joliment relevé, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda