Pages

Saturday 17 October 2020

Grungy Christmas jumper

 


On the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, Majda has chosen Winter Sweaters as our theme for the week.


I had an idea for this ages ago, but hadn't made it. Then my daughter's bubble at school closed, and I've been homeschooling all week! So I swapped for a simpler design.

I used my gel plate and an embossing folder with a knitted design, as well as a jumper stamp.

I stamped the jumper then ran the card through with the embossing folder.


I then loaded the gel plate with acrylic paint, in shades of green and blue.

I brayered the paint to mix it, and pressed the embossed card into the plate, to pick up paint. I restamped the jumper - I'd used the stamp platform and had the stamp still in position.

Only at this point did I notice the embossing folder had an up and a down - so this one has the pattern the wrong way up!

I reloaded the gel plate and pressed an A4 embossed card into it, then also pulled a print with the paint remaining on the gel plate.

I stamped the jumper onto these.

I fussy cut all the jumpers - I think they look really cute!!
I used a white gel pen on the labels, and added ribbing on the cuffs and collar of one.

For the background, I also used the gel plate. I brayered dark red and dark gold onto the plate, cleaning the brayer onto another piece of card - on the right below. The print I pulled had lots of left over paint in it, which I love.

Using the gel plate as a palette, I used the gold paint to repeat stamp sentiments across the backgrounds.


I had a bit of a play with what was left on the gel plate, adding more red for a print, then adding teal stamping from the plate, and more red to pull what that left. This gave me two more backgrounds.


For the sentiment, I printed "Warmest Wishes". This was meant to be in greens and blues to match the jumpers, but my printer is out of yellow ink!

I mounted the sentiment on offcuts of the "knitted" card, and added to the card.

I have only put one of the cards together, for time, but have the rest to make at my leisure.



I think the card could do with some finessing, if I took more time, maybe something to the top right, maybe a drop shadow. But I do like the grungy jumper!





To join in with this challenge, pop over to the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 23rd October to enter.


4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful creation with stunning details Lucinda. I love all of the texture and colours of this card.
    Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Majda, I think Christmas jumpers should be rich and warm! So I think that came through my design.

      Delete
  2. moderne et tellement original Lucinda! biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci Fabiola, j'ai besoin de pratiquer cette technique, ce n'est pas parfait, mais j'aime l'effet et la main n'a pas besoin d'être parfaite je pense.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda