Pages

Saturday 24 October 2020

You can't go wrong with snowflakes

 


Majda's choice for her technique challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown is


I'm sharing a card I made at another of Angela Simpson's online workshops. I was very unprepared for this one so grabbed some old favourites to use - a blue colour scheme and snowflakes!

The background was made with Elf explosion powder from Pretty Gets Gritty. It gives a gold shimmer.

The snowflake stamps are from Simon Says Stamp - I saw someone use them on a challenge card and lovely hubby ordered them from the states for my birthday. I used distress ink/oxide in weathered wood, chipped sapphire and faded jeans, and gold pigment ink. The sentiment is from Clarity. The solid blue layers are inked in faded jeans. Everything is edged in chipped sapphire.

This is the front:


The bow was added to hide a line where I scored in the wrong place! But I do like it so we'll call that a happy accident.

Opening the front to the left shows:

 

And then, opening the final section to the right, you see:

 

The middle section has a blank area to write a message.

This was a fun project and a fun workshop!

To join in with our fancy folds challenge, please visit us at the 52CCT blog. You have until Friday 6th November to enter - two weeks this time as there are 5 Saturdays in October.

Have fun creating!

8 comments:

  1. Such a sweet Christmas creation, Lucinda :-)
    Thank you for the inspiration and thank you for all your wonderful greeting cards in my month of challenges - October.
    Have a nice weekend, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s a lot of terrific folds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. tu as raison Lucinda, les flocons sont parfaits, biz

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card with some lovely fancy folds :-))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda