Pages

Saturday 19 March 2022

Holly and Ivy


For my theme choice at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown, I've picked "Holly and/or Ivy".


 

Hopefully this will be really versatile for everyone to play along!

I used a Clarity stamp that was new this Christmas. I stamped the boot, then masked it off to blend the background with antique linen and brushed corduroy distress ink.

The swirly corner stamp is from IndigoBlu - I was writing a review and suggested it would work well as a background, so decided to try it out. This is bottle adirondack ink.

I coloured the boot with polychromos, then stamped the sentiment and coloured that the same - then also used an inktense pencil to get the shade of green I wanted.

I edged the card in the bottle ink.


 

Not my usual style at all - it was slightly odd to have a flat card with no warping from water! - but I'm very pleased with it. I'm not great at colouring, I don't practise enough,  but I think this looks okay.



Now head over to the 52CCT blog to see the rest of the DT inspiration, and share your own holly/ivy card. You have until Friday 25th March to play along.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love the boot and the flourishes. Your colouring is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh elle est splendide Lucinda, très élégante et poétique, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda