Pages

Saturday 26 March 2022

A junk journal card


It's my final week hosting the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this year. I've chosen a technique challenge - I want to see something that moves on the card front.



I've been watching a lot of videos on junk journalling recently, and when I saw Luise Heinzl make this little dangle, I knew I wanted to make one for my card.

So this is a card that thinks it's a junk journal!

The dangle first - I printed the sentiment, then mounted on card, with tea dyed lint. I added it to a bulb ring I dyed with alcohol ink, with a snowflake charm.




I attached it to the card by gluing a Christmas glass piece on, with a bit of cotton ribbon underneath. I added distress crayon behind it to help it stand out - it looks really dark in the photos!

The background is a made with ink, brushos and a stencil, from my stash - I loved the burnt orange and green. The wood effect piece is also stash, and makes a pocket.


I added lace at the edge, and a cluster with a button. I sewed round the edges to attach the pocket - I think I should have gone round twice now I look at it!

To go in the pocket, I made a tag, using a stamp from IndigoBlu. I stencilled to add interest, and pick up the orange colour, and sewed round the edge.

 

Once it was in the pocket though, the deer are hidden and it looks a little dull. So I added another moving element - a paperclip. I die cut a snowflake from a scrap of the wood effect card, and mounted it on a circle I'd inked to match, with some more of the dyed lint.



The whole thing is mounted on a 5x7 card blank.




I had such fun making this! It's a bit unusual as a card, but I think would be fun to receive as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

To play along, visit the 52CCT blog. The design team have made some amazing cards, with lots of different ideas for moving elements, so go and check them out.

You have until Friday 1st April (no fooling!) to enter.

4 comments:

  1. Your junk journal card is beautiful and these colors - the perfect combination :-)
    Hugs, Majda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucinda... love the Christmas collage. Adding charms is a brilliant embellishment...am adding that to my inspiration book. Thank you so much for the invite to be GD this week. I just love this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This idea of a junk journal card is clever! Very beautiful is the result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. c'est splendide et toujours très original Lucinda, magnifique création, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda