Pages

Saturday 9 April 2022

Frosty snowflakes


Goga is our host at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown this month, and she has chosen a lovely frosty set of colours for us to play with.

 


I had to go with snowflakes for these!

I made my backgroundwith distress oxides (mainly stormy sky, with a bit of faded jeans and chipped sapphire) and a silver pigment ink. I haven't used pigment ink for a while, I had to use washing up liquid to clean the sticky off my stamps!

A mixture of stamps and stencils built up the pattern. I love doing these, it's such fun to put things together.

I die cut the large snowflake from centura pearl card. The sentiment was die cut from a scrap, stamped in the pigment ink and edged with stormy sky. Then it and the background were edged in cornflower blue archival ink.

 


 

Impossible to photograph the shimmer on the die cut or silver ink, and the photo also loses some of the drama. But hopefully you can see the prettiness!






The challenge is open until Friday 15th April - pop on over to the 52CCT blog to see all the Design Team inspiration, and to share your card with us.

3 comments:

  1. Love the mixed media look of your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful festive card you made ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. superbe tempête Lucinda, j'aime le mariage de ces differnets flocons, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda