Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2022

Vintage sleds

 

Valerie has chosen "Skiing or Sledding" for her theme challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Such a fun inspiration!




I decided to use some vintage images from design paper to fulfil the theme. I edged them in vintage photo, then layered onto hand made paper.

My background is a Christmas napkin. I drew spirals onto my card in black and grey pen, glued the top layer of the napkin down, then knocked it back with white gesso. I inked the edges in vintage photo.

I added coffee dyed lint fabirc and a strip of crochet lace under the toppers.

I stamped "Joy" on the right, and some crosses, and heat embossed in gold. I also used an embossing pen to add touches of gold around the edge.


 

The matte behind is bright red polka dot paper, I inked it with aged mahogany to get a more vintage feel.

This is a DL size.

I also made a 5x7 version, but don't like it - the Merry Christmas is wonky and the black writing looks odd. It'll go in the "I'll fix it when I have time" box.




This is the first time I've used a napkin like this, I like the pen marks showing through.

 

 

I'm looking forward to seeing what you all come up with! The challenge is open until Friday 26th August on the 52CCT blog. Happy crafting!

1 comment:

  1. elle est superbe Lucinda, j'aime cette touche vintage, biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda