Pages

Friday 8 April 2016

Sparkly sketchy circles



After two weeks off from the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge, I'm back with two entries, as I really like the sketch this week.


The first is a sparkly number, inspired by the style of Chloe Endean of Chloe's Creative Cards (although not nearly as sparkly as hers!).

I used white vellum, cutting a large and small circle with dies to start. The large one I stamped with the small snowflakes from the Clarity snowflake set, in watermark ink, then heat embossed with Totally Teal Wow embossing powder. I also added dots around the edge with a versa mark pen, and embossed them.

The small one I edged with the versa mark pen, and embossed it as well.

I stamped two of the large snowflakes from the set onto vellum, and embossed in the same powder, and cut them out. One I cut into, removing some of the "arms" so I could fold the rest up for dimension.

The last part was a circle of hint of silver centura pearl card, which I mounted the small vellum circle and the large snowflakes onto, with a small gem in the middle.


I attached this and the large circle to a 6x6 card base (cut down to fit the large circle exactly) using glue dots, hidden under the snowflakes so they don't show through the vellum.

As I covered the whole circle in snowflakes, this card has an interested back too, which I like.



6 comments:

  1. I love the dimension of the center snowflake and all the sparkle! Clever idea to fold the other half of the circle around to the back of the card and give that some interest, too. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at 52CCT! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia. I don't usually do sparkle, but I think it's something that if you're going to do, you go for it. This was my first real foray. And if you can't sparkle for Christmas, when can you?

      Delete
  2. Super jolie cette création Lucinda, le bleu scintille et donne l'esprit festif à cette belle carte, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! The cool and sparkly embossing is just stunning. Love the fact that the circle carries on around the back of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deborah, I love this teal colour, and a bit of Christmas sparkle.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda