Happy New Year!
We have a new theme at the Berkhamsted Creative Challenge for January, "Starts with 'A'"
So to kick off the month, and take advantage of some down time with hubby home to help look after the little one, I thought I'd do a quick bunting triangle. I am collecting a little stash of these now, I must work out how best to weather proof them and get them up!
I started with a background from my stash.
This is ink from my hexagon petite gel press plate, I was obviously stamping through the circles stencil a lot one day, this is the waste.
I cut a triangle using the template I made last year, to ensure my triangles are all the same size!
I then decorated with letter A's. I started with alphabet stencils, both from Clarity, and sponged through with acrylic paint. I then got out lots of my alphabet stamps, and distress oxide inks (as they're nice strong, bright colours) and stamped over the rest of the triangle. One (top middle) was an outline, so I filled with another distress oxide and a water brush.
To finish, I blended fired brick distress oxide around the edge, then vintage photo.
To join in with the challenge, come and visit us on Facebook - anyone is welcome to join (regardless of location!) and we love to get feedback and encouragement for our entries.