Pages

Sunday 3 October 2021

By the light of the moon


This October we welcome Majda as the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown host for the month.

She starts off, as always, with a sketch:



My card is following techniques by Lavinia Stamps, and the ivy and mushroom stamps are from them. There are also Clarity grass stamps, an IndigoBlu script stamp, and the stag is one I've had for ages and don't know who made it.

The base of the card is a gel print, distress ink with brusho. The red was a "bonus" - it was either on the plate or the brush already, as I didn't add it!

I then inked over, using a moon mask cut from paper with a die, and torn paper for the hill.

 



I love how luminescent the moon looks!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

To play along, head to the 52CCT blog, you'll be able to admire the inspiration cards from the rest of the design team, and enter your take on Majda's sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Lucinda! This is a masterpiece! I think the red was a happy surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta carte est splendide Lucinda, quelle lune! Biz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda