Pages

Monday 11 October 2021

Red and Brown


Oh, I'm struggling a bit at the moment so am running behind on my 52 Christmas Card Throwdown cards. But better late than never!

Majda has chosen Red and Brown for her colour challenge as host this month.

 


This card is quite simple, and is based on a scrapbook page Leonie Pujol did on the Craft Store telly last week.

I started with some second generation stamping with brown archival ink. I used a ledger stamp I really like.

Next, I pulled out red and brown designer papers, left over scraps from other projects.

I tore them up and arranged them, and glued down with mod podge.

Over this I stencilled with paint - a thick white for body, with a little brown added.

Once dry, I splattered watered down red and brown paint over - I may have over done this but it's fun!

The stag head is a die cut I painted with a mix of brown and black paint to be nice and dark; I used the same mix arounf the edge.

The sentiment is heat embossed onto a scrap of DP, I added red around the edge to brighten it.




This kind of grungy, torn, layered look, makes me very happy!

 

 

 

 

 

 

To join in, head over to the 52CCT blog, to see the inspiration frm my DT colleagues, and to share your card. You have until Friday 15th to play along.

Happy crafting x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Lucinda! A real piece of art! Thank you for having me as a guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quelle élégance Lucinda, ce cerf est si classe et ta carte comme toujours originale, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another stunner Lucinda. Your work is amazing xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda