Pages

Saturday 11 March 2017

A stitchy sketch



We're halfway through our March sketch challenge at the Christmas Card Throwdown, so here's another take on the sketch.



I used Clarity card for this one, which is a very shiny coated card.

I started with the embossing, using a Clarity stamp set. I remembered to dust with an anti-static bag (for once), then stamped the rows of "knitting" with versamark. I added white embossing powder to each as I went, then heat embossed all together.



I then did the same with the jumper. I did the outline first, and heat embossed. As I was using masks, I couldn't wait and heat emboss all together, as they would lift off the powder.

The next step was to mask the outside and arms so I could fill in the centre with the sentiment and stitch stamps. I heat embossed this. The masks left a slight tackiness, so I needed to dust off excess powder that had stuck where I'd masked.

For the arms, I masked the body and stamped again.



The final step was to draw in the rib in the cuffs, neck and waist with an embossing pen, and heat emboss these.



It doesn't look like much so far, but the colour brings it out. I added distress ink with a blending tool, bundled sage, iced spruce and weathered wood.



I cut out the jumper, with a narrow border, and added a touch of pine needles ink around the edge to make it stand out.

I trimmed back the background to fit a 5x7 card base (I had been planning an A5, but the topper looked a bit lost). I edged it with a dusky blue sharpie pen.

I mounted the background with a tape pen, and the topper on foam tape.

I used the same stitch stamps and ink colours to decorate the insert and envelope. I made the same mistake I made a few weeks ago, and did a portrait insert first time round - I've put that aside and redid it in landscape!



I really like these knitting stamps, maybe because I am a knitter (although haven't done much recently).





A simple, subtle card - you could use brighter colours for a more dramatic version.




To join in with our sketch challenge, head over to the Christmas Card Throwdown, you have until midnight GMT on Friday 17th March to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda