I was originally going to make this for the February Clarity challenge, which had the theme of Flower Power, but didn't get there in time!
I started with a shaving foam background. I used worn lipstick, mustard seed, barn door and a bit of bundled sage distress reinkers. This was the first print, so had the full impact of the colours. (I did lots more, some with stencils, so the stash is well topped up!)
On scraps of card, I stamped the silhouette from the butterfly and petals Clarity stamp set. I tried different distress inks - worn lipstick, picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, mustard seed and wild honey.
I decided to go with the picked raspberry and spiced marmalade, so stamped multiple of these.
I then added two of the pattern stamps, in black versafine, and cut them out.
I played with arranging them into flowers, and decided I needed a few more, as well as some leaves.
I didn't have the green I wanted for the leaves, so used mustard seed with second generation mowed lawn over the top. It gives more texture, too.
I arranged them onto the background, attached with small foam pads. The flower centres are the swirl from the centre of the swirly petal, stamped over mustard seed distress ink and cut out. The stems I drew on with a medium permanent marker.
I tore round the edges of the background to reduce it down to size (for an 8x8 card blank), and inked the torn edges with ripe persimmon. I stamped the happy anniversary stamp, again in versafine.
To highlight the words, I used a pink pen on one side and a white pen on the other.
For a mount, I used a pink sheet, and dragged the picked raspberry ink around the edge to brighten it. (I thought this would be a short cut to an intense colour, but I think a white card with the ink would have been brighter.)
I edged the pink card with a black sharpie, but it looked a bit flat. So I got out the white gesso, and a grid stamp from the Sheena Douglass distress stamp set. I stamped randomly in the gesso, and applied dots with my small groovi tool.
I used the same grid stamp on the insert and envelope (in mustard seed distress ink), along with the petal stamps in the picked raspberry and spiced marmalade.
To construct the card, I used foam tape between all the layers - I'm not going to have to post it, after all!
I do love the zesty brightness of this card. The random, shaving foam background is very happy making, and I like the simple, doodle style - flower power indeed!