Pages

Monday 19 October 2015

A card with a difference

This weekend's project was a departure from my usual style. My daughter turns one next month, so her daddy tasked me with making a card for her to send into CBeebies. (For those who aren't subjected to CBeebies by little ones, it's the BBC's young children's channel and the presenters show birthday cards and read birthday messages between programmes.)

This was supposed to be a quick and simple, fun make that I knocked out in an hour or so - but ended up taking most of the weekend! This was partly due to technology issues with my printer and camera, partly to bits I'd cut out mysteriously disappearing (to be found hours later on the underside of something), the scale - it's about 43cm by 54cm - and also my tendency to grossly underestimate the work involved in my plans.

Anyway, it was (mostly) enjoyable, I think it turned out well, and most importantly, it was put in the post this afternoon to get to the BBC in time. Fingers crossed it gets chosen to be shown!

Birthday card

Birthday card

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good! Bethany is a very lucky little girl to have a mom as creative as you... but then I would say that, wouldn't I?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Neale dear. You're a pretty special daddy too x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda