Pages

Friday 30 October 2015

Musical trees



Purple trees Christmas Card



This is my second entry for the 52 Christmas Card Throwdown Challenge Week 43.

For this card I cut an A4 sheet of centura pearl hint of silver card into two halves. On one, I masked off a central panel with masking tape. I stamped both with a musical notation background stamp in watermark ink, then heat embossed with clear powder.

I applied a purple pigment ink to the embossed areas (the masking was still in place) using a make up sponge, then removed the masking tape to show the panel.


Purple embossed panel


I drew a simple Christmas tree shape on waste card as a template, then drew round it on the fully embossed card and cut some trees from it.


Purple embossed tree shapes


As it was Christmas I couldn't resist a bit of glitter, so I edged the trees with a versa mark pen and added a sparkly embossing powder, and heat set.


Purple embossed tree shapes with glitter


For the sentiment I used the same purple ink to stamp, then added the sparkly embossing powder and heat set.


Purple embossed Merry Christmas sentiment


I added the trees to the panel, then layered on matching purple pearlescent card (it matches better than the photos show!), then again on more centura pearl.

The result is quite clean and simple, in non traditional Christmas colours, with a touch of festive sparkle.


Purple trees Christmas Card

Purple trees Christmas Card


As this is one that is too large for the post, I think I may revisit it with the foam tape and raise up the trees and layers for more impact.



I'm still struggling with photographing my cards - my silvery card has turned yellow and my lilac has gone plum, not to mention glare issues. It doesn't help that I'm usually working in the evening under artificial lights. 

6 comments:

  1. love the colors - thanks for sharing your project at the 52 CCT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52 CCT
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely! I love the music! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate hearing from you, and try to respond to every one.

Lucinda